Integration Helps IT Say “Yes” to the Business at Kelly-Moore Paints
Industry & Market
Manufacturing and Retail
- Point of Sale
Kelly-Moore Paints, one of the most recognized names and largest privately held companies in the paint industry, needed to give their sales organization one view of all customer records, and it needed to happen quickly. Boomi made it happen.
Kelly-Moore Paints continues to improve business processes, increase efficiencies and automate its workflows by bringing integration projects in-house.
Kelly-Moore Paints continues to improve business processes, increase efficiencies and automate its workflows by bringing integration projects in-house. Kelly-Moore Paints now uses Dell Boomi for 40 integration processes, and it plans to expand its scope even further.
At Kelly-Moore Paints’ San Carlos, Calif., headquarters, a team of just 16 staff members supports the application and infrastructure needs of 1,300 users. To meet growing business demands, the company wanted to:
- Respond quickly to customer requirements while maintaining a standard integration framework
- Reduce reliance on third-party vendors and custom-coded integrations
- Replace legacy integration processes that relied on custom code
- Migrate more workloads to the cloud
- Eliminate the need to support its own data center
- Operate more effectively with partners and suppliers
Prior to using Boomi, Kelly-Moore Paints relied on database procedures and custom scripts for integration work that was largely outsourced. This reliance outside consultants and services was expensive, time consuming, and hampered agility. Plus, over the long term, it was not scalable.
The company needed more speed and flexibility to remain competitive. It needed to continually improve how it met the needs of customers, partners and suppliers. Lack of an effective integration platform meant Kelly-Moore Paints couldn’t say “yes” to business requests due to costs or resource constraints.
How Boomi Helped
With Boomi, the Kelly-Moore Paints IT team can complete virtually any integration project on its own, including:
- Replacing 15 legacy integration processes that relied on Oracle dblinks
- Adding a customer payment portal through Billtrust, a cloud-based pay-cycle management application
- Importing orders into its point-of-sale database using Boomi’s email connector
- Enabling each Kelly-Moore Paints store to generate purchase orders for sundries suppliers
- Integrating with its supply chain planning application
Boomi supports nearly 40 business process integrations for Kelly-Moore Paints. Boomi has greatly increased the capacity and capabilities of a lean IT team.
- Delivers significant cost savings by reducing the need for outside consulting and integration services.
- Simplifies integration with third-party logistics, supply chain and customer payment applications.
- Extends and automates business processes such as ordering to and for large suppliers and dealers.
- Expands the range of high-value integration use cases that can be carried out in-house.