By Amanda Yates
Congratulations! You’re interested in applying for a job at Boomi. We think you’ve made an excellent choice. At Boomi, we help approximately 20,000 companies around the world connect data, people, and devices quickly and easily to advance digital transformation and deliver great customer experiences. We’re looking for new team members, and we’re glad you’re considering joining our team.
We know interviewing can be stressful, but don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this blog post, we’ll provide some tips and resources to help guide you through the interview process at Boomi. Remember, though, that it’s important for you to do your own research and prep work for the particular job you’re applying for.
The Interview Process at Boomi
After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by a Boomi recruiter, who will contact you if your experience aligns with the position requirements. The interview process at Boomi typically involves three rounds of interviews.
Round 1: Recruiter Phone Interview
This is typically a 30-minute phone call with a local recruiter, interviewing candidates on behalf of the hiring department, such as Sales or Engineering. In this interview, you should be ready to talk about your background, your job interests and requirements, and any visa sponsorship issues relevant to your employment. The recruiter will also walk you through the rest of the interview process for the role you’re applying for.
Round 2: First Round Interview
This is a more in-depth interview, possibly lasting up to an hour, usually with the hiring manager. Expect a deep dive into your job experience and how it relates to the job opening. The interview may also cover topics such as the purpose of the job as it relates to Boomi’s mission, the opportunity for the job to make an impact on the manager’s team, the hiring team’s structure and goals, and the manager’s management style. It’s a good idea to prepare questions to ask the manager, covering any areas you would like to learn more about.
Round 3: Additional Interviews
If you pass the first two rounds of interviews, you can expect 1-3 more interviews with other Boomi employees such as job peers, a cross-functional partner, or the hiring manager’s manager. If the job you’re applying for is technical, you might also undergo a technical interview in HackerRank or be asked to prepare a presentation on an assignment.
No matter which stage of the interview process you’re in, we recommend following this advice:
- Bring your authentic self.
- Be prepared to answer questions such as “Tell me about a time when…” or “Describe a project that…”
- Be intentional about how your experience aligns with the job description
- Show up on time. (It’s okay to be a little early.)
- Do research. We recommend learning about our company and the Boomi platform. We also recommend learning about how Boomi customers and partners use our technology to achieve their boldest goals.
- If you’re interviewing remotely, check the video link and your computer’s performance ahead of time.
A Little About Us
Boomi aims to make the world a better place by connecting everyone to everything, anywhere. The pioneer of cloud-based integration platform as a service (iPaaS), and now a category-leading, global software as a service (SaaS) company, Boomi touts the largest customer base among integration platform vendors and a worldwide network of approximately 800 partners – including Accenture, Capgemini, Deloitte, SAP, and Snowflake. Global organizations turn to Boomi’s award-winning platform to discover, manage, and orchestrate data, while connecting applications, processes, and people for better, faster outcomes.
To learn more about us, we recommend watching a recent interview with our Chief Innovation Officer Ed Macosky and journalists from theCUBE. An accelerated excerpt is available here, but we think the whole interview, which runs about 17 minutes, is worth watching to get a sense of Boomi’s strengths and how Boomi customers are using our technology. It’s not a requirement though!
You’ll find more useful information here:
- Boomi website homepage
- Boomi’s answer to What is iPaas?
- TechTarget explanation of iPaaS
- An overview of the Boomi platform and its services
We’ve issued over 43,000 certifications on the Boomi platform, and our user community — the Boomiverse — boasts over 100,000 registered users, from junior engineers to senior enterprise architects.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
The best way to understand what it’s like to work at Boomi is to listen to the experiences of Boomi employees. Over on the website Built-In, you’ll find several Boomi testimonials.
You can also get a sense of what’s like to work here from the extensive list of awards Boomi has won, including:
- INC. Fast Growing, Best Company
- Comparably Best Company for Career Growth
- Built-in Best Places to Work
We created the iPaaS market, and we’ve been a market leader for iPaaS ever since.
Benefits for Boomi Employees
The Boomi benefits program is an important element of our total rewards and reflects the
Boomi values of “commitment to and respect for people.” That’s why we are committed to offering comprehensive health, welfare, and retirement programs to you and your family. These programs are designed to provide you choice, flexibility, and value to help improve your health and quality of life. What it does for you and others will depend on the choices you make at enrollment and beyond.
Here’s an overview of our benefits for Boomi employees (note that specific benefit packages vary by region):
- Generous paid time off including sick, vacation, and personal wellness
- Paid leave benefits for reasons including but not limited to baby bonding, caring for sick dependents, and military duty
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- Additional health benefits include fertility and adoption assistance, personalized weight and pain relief management, and telemedicine
- Free unlimited access to coaches in the Task Human digital wellness app
- Fitness reimbursement
- Generous 401k that vests on your first day
Thanks for your interest in Boomi. We look forward to meeting you!
To see current job openings, visit the Boomi Careers webpage.