Managing Explosive Growth, Aegion Taps the Boomi AtomSphere Platform to Streamline Hundreds of Integrations
Infrastructure services company centralizes integration to streamline IT operations and increase efficiency
In late 2017, Aegion was feeling the negative business impact of maintaining more than 300 point-to-point integrations with acquired technologies for which it had little in-house expertise.
Aegion wanted a solution that would allow it to:
- Build its integration skill set
- Reduce the cost of hiring third parties
- Provide the capacity to respond more quickly to customer and marketplace demands.
To achieve that business outcome, Aegion engaged its entire IT department — from architecture and data to applications and infrastructure.
Aegion identified a number of applications, business systems, and acquired technologies that would need to be integrated. These included:
- JD Edwards ERP
- Oracle CRM
- Journyx (project time tracking and resource management)
- TimeControl (multi-function timesheet system)
- Oracle Primavera (scheduling)
Another of the business systems at the top of the integration list was a new estimating tool, InEight (formerly Hard Dollar), which would require integrations throughout the construction project lifecycle.
How Boomi Helped
Aegion went live with its first business group on InEight in April of 2020. Since deploying the Boomi AtomSphere Platform:
- Business leaders are enthusiastic about the opportunity to easily connect systems and increase efficiency via integration
- Requests for integration have dramatically increased because it’s no longer seen as an expensive and insurmountable barrier
- IT staff are eager to engage in training to gain certifications
Boomi has changed the entire Aegion culture related to integration.
Aegion looks forward to the time when the majority of its 300+ legacy integrations have been migrated to the Boomi AtomSphere Platform.
At that point, Aegion will:
- Enjoy substantial cost savings by eliminating the need for vendor support to manage and modify integrations
- Deliver faster response to business demands and achieve faster speed to market
- Reduce the barriers to streamlined business processes while gaining visibility into how all integrations are performing
Another benefit for the company: Aegion’s in-house integration expertise will support an agile business model.
Industry & Market
# of Employees
InEight, J.D. Edwards ERP, Oracle CRM, Journyx, TimeControl, Oracle Primavera
Aegion Manages Explosive Growth With the Boomi AtomSphere Platform, Streamlining Hundreds of Integrations