To execute B2B transactions in this new world, companies need solutions that deliver capabilities beyond traditional EDI. As I mentioned in my last blog, a unified platform that also offers API management, supports emerging technologies such as chatbots, workflow automation, data cataloging, and data transformation, provides everything an organization might need for B2B-EDI success.
Start With a Strong Technology Foundation
We already have a track record of success helping companies transform the way they connect with partners, and now we are positioned to deliver significant innovation over the next 12-18 months.
We’ve invested in additional AS2 capabilities, such as client certificate authentication, filtering, and communication extensions. We added the ability to extend RosettaNet, TradaCom, and HL7 TP config. There were various enhancements made to the EDIFACT configurations, including error handling, data validation, and improved connectivity with trading partners.
We also introduced the capability to archive data for a more extended period, which empowers companies to start analyzing proactively and to be ready for the move to AI.
But we didn’t stop there.
We enhanced our API management capabilities, to make engaging across your entire ecosystem of customers, partners and internal business units even easier.
The ability to connect people and processes with Boomi Flow is another key element of the Boomi Platform. Flow provides a simplified way to automate workflows that connect to key processes such as logistics performance, goods tracking, partner onboarding, and visibility into partner ecosystems. The Flow roadmap has evolved to include employee onboarding, customer 360-degree view — along with Boomi Master Data Hub — as well as chatbots and infrastructure services decoupling.
And, Boomi’s recent acquisition of Unifi Software adds data catalog and preparation capabilities to our platform. Boomi Data Catalog and Preparation allows customers to unify, rationalize and connect their data, accelerating business outcomes.
Together, all of these capabilities can help you modernize your B2B processes. Here are a few tips to help you get started.
7 Tips to Help You Modernize Your B2B Processes
When beginning any project or business initiative, taking a methodical approach that regularly incorporates input and feedback from all stakeholders helps ensure you don’t miss any critical steps along the way.
- Brainstorm with your team how you can optimize the B2B process to support a better customer experience/user design learning approach.
- Choose one area to pilot, such as the supplier for a new product which your company is investing.
- Never do a big bang implementation for B2B-EDI; avoid the risks of business interruption.
- Map the value streams; measure the time for each activity and start optimizing the most time-consuming tasks.
- Discuss what can be changed and brainstorm alternatives, such as implementing Boomi Flow and chatbots to interact with your partner ecosystem.
- Pilot Boomi as your B2B platform and leverage our B2B-EDI, API, workflow automation, and data transformation capabilities to reduce your TCO and prepare for the next wave of business challenges.
- Keep an eye on what innovations are trending in the multiple areas related to B2B.
With the unified Boomi Platform, you can quickly and effectively connect to partners across your entire ecosystem as well as internal and external systems. Plus, you can automate all the processes — resulting in a win for everyone!
Organizations around the world use Boomi B2B/EDI Management to transform their trading partner business models. Learn more.