Speeding Enterprise Transformation and Driving Growth Through Integration
Slalom, a rapidly expanding consulting firm, has placed Boomi at the center of its enterprise transformation initiative. Boomi is helping the $1 billion company modernize its application portfolio and build a connected business.
Slalom embarked on an ambitious transformation initiative to move many of its key business operations into the cloud. The company knew that digital transformation, with its corresponding modern, best-of-breed cloud applications, was critical to keep pace with its upward growth trajectory.
Slalom’s modernization plans include its core applications for sales, human resources, finance, billing, professional services and other key business operations.
Over the years Slalom had assembled a piecemeal collection of custom scripts, console apps and disparate integration tools. This fragmented environment meant lots of inefficient manual coding, poor visibility and a lack of repeatable processes.
The company undertook a search for a modern, pure cloud approach to integration that could keep pace with its hyper growth, bring new agility to how it connected applications, and deliver essential data to its workforce.
How Boomi Helped
Slalom is currently using the Boomi platform to manage eight integrations between cloud and on-premise applications, including:
- Financial planning and ERP systems
- Salesforce and professional services automation (PSA) for managing consultant assignments
- PSA and Workday HR for vacation and payroll
- Salesforce and a SQL server-based data warehouse for improved sales forecasting and financial reporting
- Custom-built “Matchmaker” app that fetches data from an employee profile portal and several other systems
Additional integrations are in the pipeline for future deployment.
Slalom has found Boomi to be a fast, flexible and easy-to-use platform that’s helping the digital consultancy build its own agile, global connected business. With Boomi, Slalom has been able to realize recognizable benefits:
- Reduced integration time from 2 months to 1.5 weeks
- Flexibility and speed for enterprise transformation
- Transparency into all integration processes
- Accelerated business processes with more timely data
With Boomi, Slalom was able to reduce integration time from 2 months to 1.5 weeks.
Industry & Market
- Salesforce CRM
- Professional Services Automation
- Workday HR
- Microsoft SQL Server-based data warehouse
- Financial planning systems
Slalom, a rapidly expanding consulting firm, has placed Boomi at the center of its ambitious enterprise transformation initiative. Boomi is helping the $1 billion global company modernize its application portfolio and build a connected business amid rapid growth.