Accelerating Biomedical Innovation With Cloud-Native Integration
The cloud-first company Moderna Therapeutics needed to integrate a large portfolio of applications to speed biomedical innovations that could improve lives. Boomi’s cloud-native integration platform helped Moderna scale by integrating systems, automating complex, cross-platform business transactions, and, most importantly, helping its scientist focus on their research.
Moderna Therapeutics began in 2011 with a clear vision of its future. To speed biomedical innovations that could improve lives, it would be a cloud-first company, using only SaaS applications. This approach required integration for a portfolio of applications, including SAP (ERP), Workday (HR), Solium (equity plan management) and Concur (expense reporting).
To automate business processes, scale on demand and free scientists from administrative overhead, Moderna built a new kind of biotechnology company — one that uses the full power of the cloud.
But to harness that power, Moderna needed to integrate its best-in-class, on-demand applications and data. That’s when the company turned to Dell Boomi.
Boomi’s integration platform allowed Moderna to scale efficiently by integrating systems and automating complex, cross-platform business transactions that included budgeting, vendor payments and human resources management.
How Boomi Helped
The combination of Dell Boomi’s integration platform with its data quality management capabilities through Boomi Master Data Hub allowed Moderna to scale operations and remain agile without increasing administrative staff.
MDM makes it possible to enter data once in a system of record, which in Moderna’s case was the Workday HR system, and have it flow to all systems across the company. With Boomi MDM, Moderna could validate, enrich, aggregate and synchronize data in any domain.
Thanks to Boomi’s integration and data orchestration capabilities, Moderna was able to:
- Achieve cost savings in platform administration and maintenance
- Automate complex, cross platform business transactions
- Support rapid growth without increasing G&A staff
- Minimize data errors while increasing process visibility
- Streamline application migrations
- Simplify integration mapping — reducing cost of additional master data connections
- Speed employee onboarding by automating access to applications and resources
- Improve permissions management reliability, consistency, and documentation
- Reduce IT effort focused on user access and permissions
Industry & Market
- Workday with SAP, Solium and Concur
Moderna Therapeutics uses Dell Boomi iPaaS and Master Data Hub to accelerate biomedical innovation