VMware Speeds IT Modernization and Boosts Business Agility With Boomi
Industry & Market
Software (cloud computing and virtualization)
- vRealize Code Stream
- vRealize Log Insight
- Multiple ERP and CRM systems
Leading technology company VMware consolidates integration management, increases IT responsiveness, and realizes significant cost savings over its previous approach to integration.
Leading technology company consolidates integration management, increases IT responsiveness, and realizes significant cost savings over its previous approach to integration.
VMware provides platform virtualization software and services to more than 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. But the company is in the middle of a major transition as its business moves towards a subscription model. To help support this new approach to how it charges for its software and services, VMware has adopted an API-driven strategy to increase its agility. As a result, VMware needed a modern integration platform that could efficiently create and manage API connections while also working equally well for any combination of cloud or on-premise integrations — something its existing API tool did not support.
How Boomi Helped
After testing in live deployments, Boomi proved to be the ideal option for addressing VMware’s API and integration needs.
- Within three months, the company migrated 70 percent of its APIs to Boomi, many of which involved complex integrations. With its previous integration tool, it had taken VMware nearly eight months to automate API deployment and management.
- Boomi also solved VMware’s API latency problem for cloud and on-premise integrations. Now the data in these connections flows quickly and dependably across VMware’s diverse computing environments.
- Critically, Boomi helped VMware reduce its licensing expenses and consolidate its portfolio of integration tools.
- As a bonus innovation, VMware paired Boomi with its vRealize Code Stream (vRCS) product to automate code deployment across environments housing sensitive personnel information.
In less than a year, VMware realized major benefits including:
- Improved performance and scalability of integrations across its hybrid IT environment
- Saved substantial costs compared to licensing and management expenses of previous API tool
- Increased IT staff productivity through Boomi’s low-code development environment
- Gained the ability to automate code deployment across environments through integration with VMware’s vRCS, increasing security and supporting regulatory compliance
- Improved IT responsiveness for projects by empowering business users to self-serve for many standard application and data integration projects