Kenco Logistics Switched to Boomi and AWS for Greater Agility, Scalability, and Efficiency
With the Boomi AtomSphere Platform and Amazon Web Services (AWS), a leading third-party logistics company cut customer onboarding times in half and scaled to handle holiday surges with ease. Now integration and EDI management are a snap.
Third-party logistics (3PL) company Kenco Logistics knew it couldn’t rest on its laurels. The 70-year-old firm had become expert at handling logistics for companies in North America.
But Kenco wanted to be even more agile and flexible, capable of pivoting in new directions when opportunities arose. It also wanted to onboard customers more quickly and efficiently to recognize revenue more quickly. And it wanted to shift expenses from CapEx to OpEx, moving from on-premises IT procurement to flexible, scalable cloud services.
Kenco realized that the first step in accelerating onboarding and migrating to pay-as-you-go cloud services would be modernizing its integration capabilities.
Integration had been time-consuming and error-prone. Setting up a new customer with the company’s legacy EDI software usually took 40 to 60 hours.
And if the company was going to migrate applications to AWS, it would need to build many new integrations.
Another problem: Kenco’s legacy EDI system didn’t scale, leading to high software and hardware costs during holiday rushes.
Comment Boomi est venu en aide
To realize its strategic vision, Kenco selected the Boomi AtomSphere Platform and AWS.
Kenco replaced its legacy integration software and on-premises EDI system with the Boomi AtomSphere Platform. This gave the company a single, low-code development platform for EDI through Boomi B2B/EDI Management and for all forms of integration with Boomi Integration.
Using the Boomi AtomSphere Platform, Kenco:
- Built new EDI connections for customers
- Integrated custom application data with Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Created a faster way to onboard customers
Résultats pour l’entreprise
Thanks to Boomi, Kenco achieved its strategic goals. The company was able to:
- Cut customer onboarding work in half, enabling faster revenue recognition.
- Consolidate EDI and integration tools in a single, low-code development platform. Boomi reduced training times and maintenance costs.
- Scale services quickly and affordably when needed. Now Kenco can handle holiday surges without procuring new hardware and software.
- Gain better insights into system usage and customer trends for forecasting.
- Quickly build an integration with its shipping partner UPS.
Industry & Market
Over 30 trading partners and customers, Blue Yonder, MercuryGate, Koerber WMS, TMW, UPS, and Salesforce, as well as several internal A2A integrations.
Kenco Logistics Replaces Its Legacy EDI System and Realizes Greater Agility, Scalability, and Efficiency