This article recaps the Boomi Integration and Automation Platform November 2023 release and highlights recently delivered product features. For a full list of what’s included in the release, see the detailed release notes.
Let’s take a look at the highlights in this release.
Coinciding with the November release, we are pleased to announce the release of our Component Diff APIs Early Access. With this new API, you can compare two versions of a given integration component and gain insight into what’s been added, modified, or removed. Capacity is extremely limited for this early access, so please sign up today to use this new release capability: link.
Integration Runtime: New Red Hat Docker Image V5
For those running integration runtimes in containerized deployments, Boomi provides a new V5 Docker image available for Red Hat. This image includes an upgrade to Red Hat Universal Base Image (UBI) 9 Minimal, which contains several security updates and version upgrades, such as cgroups. This image also enables you to log to stdout, which enables you to run with significantly fewer required permissions and supports the SAP Connector for local SAP access.
The new image is available now on DockerHub.
In the November release, Boomi addressed security vulnerability issues in Twilio, Google Big Query, and Google Ad Manager Connectors. We’ve updated the MongoDB connector to address defects related to the handling of blank arrays and batch sizes of 0. The JMS v2 connector is now generally available! The Ceres Technology – Partner connector now supports test connection functionality.
Regarding connectivity services, we resolved the issue where listeners falsely appear online even after startup errors. Users will now see accurate startup status reports. In addition, we have addressed the problem in execution time reporting for listener processes. Process reporting will now correctly reflect execution times. We also enhanced Boomi extensions to allow users to override OAuth access token and authorization parameters for individual processes.
We are thrilled to announce the latest releases of Boomi Flow, packed to enhance your building experience. Here’s what’s new:
- Enhanced Themes Functionality: We’ve taken Themes to the next level! You can now import or export a theme from one tenant to another, making it easier to maintain a consistent and appealing look and feel across your projects.
- Improved Default Player: We’ve listened to your feedback and enhanced the default player. Now, it supports resetting the page to the top after an outcome, ensuring a smoother and more intuitive user experience.
Here’s what’s coming soon:
- Process Map Element: Say hello to our brand-new Process Map Element! We’ve made establishing connections with your integration processes a breeze. Simply drag and drop the process map shape onto the canvas and watch your integration possibilities unfold. Empower yourself to unlock the full potential of your processes within Integration.
- Auto Mapping: When using our new process map element, we’ve streamlined the mapping process with the Auto Mapping feature. Now, when mapping to an existing type and the return document is a list or an object, Flow intelligently assists you by defining a compatible score. Save time and reduce errors with this handy addition.
- Import Profile: If you’ve linked your tenant to an integration account, this feature will be a game-changer for you. Introducing the Import Profile functionality on the Types page. This feature enables you to select a JSON profile from an integration account and effortlessly create corresponding Types in Flow.
Thank you for choosing Flow. Your feedback and support continue to inspire us to create innovative solutions for your business needs. Get started with these fantastic new features today!
In our continuous journey to improve message management, we’ve introduced a new feature this November. Event Streams now displays the number of active consumers for each subscription, offering users a clear overview of which subscriptions have active consumers. This enhancement empowers users to make more informed decisions, particularly when considering topic deletions.
We are excited to announce the release of Bundles—a streamlined mechanism to create and share multi-product solutions. This release marks a significant milestone in our path to a more cohesive and community-based platform.
Bundles allow you to create reusable templates by adding one or more Boomi assets into one package. You can install Bundles into your account anytime or share it with others.
- Easy-to-use interface to Create, Install, Share, Manage, and View Bundles.
- Ability to create multi-product solutions with one or more Boomi assets, such as Integration Components, Flows, and Custom Assets, which can be used for uploading files, including ReadMe docs, sample data, and configuration instructions.
- Open sharing capabilities across any account or as public Bundles available to all Boomi customers.
We invite you to explore the full capabilities of Bundles and discover how it can elevate your solution-building and sharing capabilities of the Boomi platform with anyone, anywhere.
Want to know what Boomi is shipping next? You have to sign up for the product roadmap webinars!
This is your chance to get answers from Ed Macosky, Chief Product & Technology Officer, and the product management team as they talk about recent enhancements and the future of the product.
Thank you for choosing Boomi!
We are here to exceed your expectations, working together with you. Here are some additional resources you might find helpful:
- Boomi Community
- Boomi Training & Certification
- Boomi Technical Documentation
- Boomi Events
- Boomi World
Let’s connect online!
This article contains forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. As such, the dates and deliverables represented cannot be guaranteed and should not be viewed as commitments.