MT Højgaard Modernizes IT Operations With Boomi
A century-old Danish construction and civil engineering firm speeds business processes and cuts IT troubleshooting time by 75 percent by modernizing its legacy IT environment with Boomi
Throughout its century-long history, MT Højgaard, a leading construction and civil engineering company with nearly 4,000 staff, has relied on technology to get the job done. However, legacy systems meant that MTH’s IT environment was crying out for modernization.
The IT department struggled with simple tasks and was unable to derive actionable insights from data, driving up costs and draining time and resources. The priority for MTH was to solve IT complexity and maintain its competitive edge in today’s digital era.
Over the years, MTH’s IT environment had relied on both on-premise legacy systems and cloud-based technology, which was a major complication for the company’s business processes. MTH struggled with:
- Vast amounts of data spread across an assortment of difficult-to-locate applications and integration tools
- Poor visibility for IT into the interconnections between tools and applications
- Significant technical debt and an inability to gain actionable insights from existing data
- Additional costs and increased IT complexity that limited business and IT agility
How Boomi Helped
After evaluating the market for integration technologies, MTH upgraded to Boomi from its previous Lotus Enterprise Integrator tool, with priorities of integrating ERP, CRM, HR and payroll systems. Boomi has helped the IT team at MTH to:
- Solve data latency problems so that information flows quickly and efficiently across applications and IT environments
- Reduce time to identify and troubleshoot issues across a hybrid IT environment
- Expose and correct issues with data quality that could undermine business processes
Boomi has helped MTH consolidate its integration management, increase its IT responsiveness and significantly reduce the time spent dealing with IT issues.
In situations in which data is not readily accessible or IT needed to troubleshoot systems, MTH was able to reduce the turnaround time by more than 75 percent. The company has:
- Increased IT staff productivity through Boomi’s low-code development environment and seamless integration
- Improved performance and scalability of integrations across its hybrid IT environment
- Accelerated business processes with timely data availability
- Construction and Civil Engineering
MT Højgaard Revitalizes IT Operations With Boomi